Sunday, February 7, 2010

Moving closer to the perfect moment...

...And I can still hear the sound.


Evan and Gina's wedding was Saturday. It was small, but wonderful. I cried! So beautiful...

I didn't finish their quilt by their wedding day, but I was able to get the fabric cut and then made a card with some of the extra fabrics... it was totally awesome. I wrote on the inside that it was a "teaser" for what was to come... Gina seemed confused at first, then was like, "wait... ARE YOU MAKING US SOMETHING?!" in an obnoxiously high pitched voice. I said yes, and then she squealed and immediately hugged me. Haha. It was cute.

I DID managed to finish piecing everything together today and have the quilt top done! Now hard part... getting the quilt put together. Oh, and yes, it looks totally awesome. I honestly think it took me longer to cut the fabric than it did to get the thing put together, haha. I've been watching some videos online about how to layer the backing, batting and top together and then do the actual quilting process. Ahhh! I think I'm just going to do really simple "stitch in the ditch" quilting for this one, since its something I can do on my own and dont need help to do it.

I also need to get clear thread. Note for myself.

This is my first quilt, which means I'm completing something on my list! Wooo! As much as I'd like to keep it, I know that Evan and Gina will loooove it =). Plus, I'm really excited to do more now... it was so easy! I know not all quilts are easy, but this one was so fun to do. Love it. I also used expensive fabrics for their quilt, so knowing that I can throw something together for cheap rocks. Also, the pattern I followed gives directions for bedding sizes, too. Awesome!

I totally forgot about something I wanted to do for the backing... so I might still do that...

OH MAN. Totally just found something I want to do now. Update on the quilt later.

1 comment: